Thursday 24 July 2008

Too late to change my mind

On Monday the bike (this reminds me, I have to think of a name) went to a freight company for its flight to Vancouver, Canada. The crating and documentation would take a few days so the bike would actually fly on Friday and be ready to pick up on Tuesday 29th. I left some heavy gear in the panniers and left my bike boots and riding gear to be crated with the bike.

I used a company called James Cargo http://www.jamescargo.com/about/ and at risk of jinxing picking the bike up, they were very professional and made the whole process easy. I had a cuppa and chat whilst the bike was checked over, and even got a lift back to Hatton Cross tube which saved me walking four miles or so.

On the tube it started to dawn on me that I was past the point of no return, and at the very least I would have to go to Canada now to get the bike back :)

Five days to go... I'm off to get some lunch with a side order of valium.

Fraser.

No comments: