Friday 11 July 2008

Home from home


It's been twenty years since I pitched a tent, so I figured it might not hurt to have a dry run with my newly delivered abode! Tent technology has come a looooong way since then.


I bought a Vango Spectre 200, two person (me and my luggage!) lightweight tent for £70. Far from looking like a badly collapsed shed, it has slinky alloy poles which fit into colour coded sleeves, then you just peg it out to tension it. It pitches inner and outer together so no need for the inside to get soaked when you put it up in the rain. There are a couple of zipped compartments at each end for gear and a hanging pocket in the middle which I reckon might be handy (not sure what for yet!). Fifteen minutes and surprisingly little swearing later, and the tent was up.


Sadly having checked the label it isn't bear proof :(


Frase.




No comments: