Friday 27 June 2008

A note on planning.

Planning has always been something that happens to other people. If all you ever have to think about is making certain you are fully clothed before you leave the house for the same commute day in, day out, then actually sitting down and figuring out what you need for five months on the road (let alone in other countries) can be quite daunting.

Several people I've chatted to have remarked that I don't seem to have planned much. This is mostly true. I've taken a lot of time and care over working out what I need to do to get the bike (and me!) to the start point, and I've organised the paperwork I will need (ok, ok, I'm waiting on a couple of minor bits like Insurance) to get to the end. I've even got some maps.

But the general idea of the trip is to point the front wheel south and use the Force.

Meantime I set up a SmugMug account for my pictures at http://frase.smugmug.com. This will be used as a repository for trip photos, and I guess in conjunction with this blog should provide a good online record of the journey.

Frase.

No comments: